The Societies Registration Act Content
1. Societies formed by memorandum of association and registration.
2. Memorandum of association.
3. Registration and fees.
4. Annual list of managing body to be filed.
5. Property of society how vested.
6. Suits by and against societies.
7. Suits not to abate.
8. Enforcement of judgment against society.
9. Recovery of penalty accruing under bye-law.
10. Members liable to be sued as strangers.
Recovery by successful defendant of costs adjudged.
11. Members guilty of offences punishable as strangers.
12. Societies enabled to alter, extend or abridge their purposes.
13. Provision for dissolution of societies and adjustment of their affairs.
14. Upon a dissolution no member to receive profit.
Clause not to apply to Joint-stock Companies.
15. Member defined. Disqualified members.
16. Governing body defined.
17. Registration of societies formed before Act.
18. Such societies to file memorandum, etc., with Registrar of Joint-stock Companies.
19. Inspection of documents, Certified copies.
20. To what societies Act applies