The Limitation Act Content
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
LIMITATION OF SUITS, APPEALS AND APPLICATIONS
3. Bar of limitation.
4. Expiry of prescribed period when court is closed.
5. Extension of prescribed period in certain cases.
6. Legal disability.
7. Disability of one of several persons.
8. Special exceptions.
9. Continuous running of time.
10. Suits against trustees and their representatives.
11. Suits on contracts entered into outside the territories to which the Act extends.
COMPUTATION OF PERIOD OF LIMITATION
12. Exclusion of time in legal proceedings.
13. Exclusion of time in cases where leave to sue or appeal as a pauper is applied for.
14. Exclusion of time of proceeding bona fide in court without jurisdiction.
15. Exclusion of time in certain other cases.
16. Effect of death on or before the accrual of the right to sue.
17. Effect of fraud or mistake.
18. Effect of acknowledgment in writing.
19. Effect of payment on account of debt or of interest on legacy.
20. Effect of acknowledgment or payment by another person.
21. Effect of substituting or adding new plaintiff or defendant.
22. Continuing breaches and torts.
23. Suits for compensation for acts not actionable without special damage.
24. Computation of time mentioned in instruments.
ACQUISITION OF OWNERSHIP BY POSSESSION
25. Acquisition of easements by prescription.
26. Exclusion in favour of reversioner of servient tenement.
27. Extinguishment of right to property.
30. Provision for suits, etc., for which the prescribed period is shorter than the period prescribed by the Indian Limitation Act, 1908.
31. Provisions as to barred or pending suits, etc.