The Hindu Succession Act Content
1. Short title and extent.
2. Application of Act.
3. Definitions and interpretation.
4. Overriding effect of Act.
5. Act not to apply to certain properties.
6. Devolution of interest in coparcenary property.
7. Devolution of interest in the property of a tarwad, tavazhi, kutumba, kavaru or illom.
8. General rules of succession in the case of males.
9. Order of succession among heirs in the Schedule.
10. Distribution of property among heirs in class I of the Schedule.
11. Distribution of property among heirs in class II of the Schedule.
12. Order of succession among agnates and congnates.
13. Computation of degrees.
14. Property of a female Hindu to be her absolute property.
15. General rules of succession in the case of female Hindus.
16. Order of succession and manner of distribution among heirs of a female Hindu.
17. Special provisions respecting persons governed by marumakkattayam and aliyasantana laws.
General provisions relating to succession
18. Full blood preferred to half blood.
19. Mode of succession of two or more heirs.
20. Right of child in womb.
21. Presumption in cases of simultaneous deaths.
22. Preferential right to acquire property in certain cases.
25. Murderer disqualified.
26. Convert’s descendants disqualified.
27. Succession when heir disqualified.
28. Disease, defect, etc., not to disqualify.
29. Failure of heirs.
30. Testamentary succession.