The Hindu Marriage Act Content
1. Short title and extent.
2. Application of Act.
4. Overriding effect of Act.
5. Conditions for a Hindu marriage.
7. Ceremonies for a Hindu marriage.
8. Registration of Hindu marriages.
RESTITUTION OF CONJUGAL RIGHTS AND JUDICIAL SEPARATION
9. Restitution of conjugal right.
10. Judicial separation.
NULLITY OF MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE
11. Void marriages.
12. Voidable marriages.
13A. Alternate relief in divorce proceedings.
13B. Divorce by mutual consent.
14. No petition for divorce to be presented within one year of marriage.
15. Divorced persons when may marry again.
16. Legitimacy of children of void and voidable marriages.
17. Punishment of bigamy.
18. Punishment for contravention of certain other conditions for a Hindu marriage.
JURISDICTION AND PROCEDURE
19. Court to which petition shall be presented.
20. Contents and verification of petitions.
21. Application of Act 5 of 1908.
21A. Power to transfer petitions in certain cases.
21B. Special provision relating to trial and disposal of petitions under the Act.
21C. Documentary evidence.
22. Proceedings to be in camera and may not be printed or published.
23. Decree in proceedings.
23A. Relief for respondent in divorce and other proceedings.
24. Maintenance pendente lite and expenses of proceedings.
25. Permanent alimony and maintenance.
26. Custody of children.
27. Disposal of property.
28. Appeals from decrees and orders.
28A. Enforcement of decrees and orders.
SAVINGS AND REPEALS