The Domestic Violence Act (DV Act) Content
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
3. Definitions of domestic violence.
POWERS AND DUTIES OF PROTECTION OFFICERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, ETC.
4. Information to Protection Officer and exclusion of liability of informant.
5. Duties of police officers, service providers and Magistrate.
6. Duties of shelter homes.
7. Duties of medical facilities.
8. Appointment of Protection Officers.
9. Duties and functions of Protection Officers.
10. Service providers.
11. Duties of Government.
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING ORDERS OF RELIEFS
12. Application of Magistrate.
13. Service of notice.
15. Assistance of welfare expert.
16. Proceedings to be held in camera.
17. Right to reside in a shared household.
18. Protection orders.
19. Residence orders.
20. Monetary reliefs.
21. Custody orders.
22. Compensation orders.
23. Power to grant interim and ex parte orders.
24. Court to give copies of order free of cost.
25. Duration of orders.
26. Relief in other suits and legal proceedings.
30. Protection Officers and members of service providers to be public servants.
31. Penalty for breach of protection order by respondent.
32. Cognizance and proof.
33. Penalty for not discharging duty by Protection Officers.
34. Cognizance of offence committed by Protection Officer.
35. Protection of action taken in good faith.
36. Act not in derogation of any other law.
37. Power of Central Government to make rules.
Check latest offer Price on Amazon. Buy at Amazon!*
Note: We're not perfect, but we're trying our best. Please let us know with evidence if you need any corrections to this article or post, and we will be happy to make the necessary corrections.