The Dowry Prohibition Act Content
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Definition of “dowry”.
3. Penalty for giving or taking dowry.
4. Penalty for demanding dowry.
4A. Ban on advertisement.
5. Agreement for giving or taking dowry to be void.
6. Dowry to be for the benefit of the wife or her heirs.
7. Cognizance of offences.
8. Offences to be cognizable for certain purposes and to be bailable and non-compoundable.
8A. Burden of proof in certain cases.
8B. Dowry Prohibition Officers.
9. Power to make rules.
10. Power of the State Government to make rules.